Monday, 2 July 2007

This week-end

I'm at work right now, so I'll upload some pictures later. If you're lucky, I'll do it tonight.

This week-end was so much fun. I could barely walk today. I was on the go all week-end.

Friday at work we moved offices. When we were finished moving we headed across the street for free drinks. After a bottle of red wine, I decided it was best that I go home and eat dinner.
After my tasty frozen dinner, I embarked on an adventure with my roommate Alyssa and her boyfriend Rich. At first there was a group of 10 of us. We were trying to find Rich's friends at a warehouse party. By the time we found the party (at was actually a get-together in a flat. The flat was once a warehouse, but had been converted.) there was only 5 of us. It was an interesting (ie somewhat scary) experience, but I got to see a new part of London. The night would have been low key, except the night buses took us 3 hours to get home.

The next morning I woke up at 10 and started my sightseeing. I attempted to go to Buckingham palace, because I wanted to take pictures. I couldn't make it because the tube was under construction. Instead I headed over to Oxford street, where I hit up the July sales in hopes of some souvenirs. The souvenirs fell through, but I found a pair of running shoes on clearence, and I witnessed the gay pride parade. It was the best parade I've ever been to (minus the rain.) Everyone was dancing and dressed up in costumes.

That night, Kristen and I went a few buildings up to these Canadian girls apartments. (Kristen met them at the laundry mat when she was crying.) There apartment was amazing! They had a leather couch, a wine rack, a wooden dining room table, full size beds, one person in a bedroom; I could go on.
So we went out with this group of 12 girls. They were all really nice. The bar we went to was off the tourist path and was so much fun. The bar played bad American music. The backstreet boys, Backstreets back played, need I say more. The final song was Frank Sinatra's New York, New York. The entire bar was in a circle doing the CanCan. It was my heaven. I danced all night.
Sunday morning I woke up at 9am, and headed off the V&A musuem. The V&A is the best musuem I've ever been too. I only made it threw 2 exhibits in 3 hours.
At 2, I went home and picked up Kristen. We ate lunch then headed off to the Tate Modern. We only saw two exhibits, but I don't think I'm dark, or artsy enough for the modern art. I didn't get it. I'm going to go back and attempt a few other exhibits. Maybe the ones I saw were just too post-post-modern.

No comments: